G&M OIL PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective as of August 12, 2022
Last Updated: August 12, 2022
G&M Oil takes your privacy seriously. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information that are identifiable to a particular person (“Personal Information”) that G&M Oil (“G&M Oil”, “we”, “us”, and “our”) collects from you or about you when you use or access our website (https://www.gmoc.com/) (the “Site”) and loyalty services as part of our mobile and software applications (the “Platform”), as well as at our locations (collectively, “Services”). This Privacy Notice also describes our practices for using, sharing, and protecting that information. Please read this Privacy Notice to ensure you are fully informed. Your use of this Site and our Platform constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to this Privacy Notice.
G&M Oil reserves the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we decide to change the Privacy Notice, we will post the changes on the Site and the Platform so that you are aware of the changed Privacy Notice. We encourage you to check the Site and Platform for revisions to the Privacy Notice. To stay current on our practices, please update your email address with us if it changes.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to any activity on third-party websites and mobile applications that may link to the Site. We do not control third-party websites and applications and are not responsible for their actions or privacy practices.
What Personal Information Does G&M Oil Collect?
Information Provided By You
We may collect and retain information, including Personal Information, from you or your devices provided to us when you visit the Site and the Platform, including, when you use or purchase our Services, register for an account on the Platform, enroll in our loyalty program, and communicate with us, such as to provide feedback (i.e., surveys), request support, or ask for additional information. The following Personal Information may be provided by you:
- Information that can identify you: This may include your full name, phone number, email address, postal address, date of birth, driver’s license number, and other information to verify your age.
- Payment information: This may include credit card and debit card information, and other financial account information used to purchase goods and services.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect information automatically when you visit the Site and use the Platform, such as:
- Traffic Data: The Site and Platform may automatically track your IP address, domain server, type of computer or device, and type of web browser, as well as such as IDFA (identifier for advertisers) and other unique identifiers. Traffic data may include how long you visit, what links you click on, what pages you visit, how many times you visit a page and how long it takes for you to come back.
- Cookies: A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer and allow websites to remember information about you. You may refuse to accept these cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or in the settings of your device. If you reject cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and Platform.
- Web Beacons: Certain pages on the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit G&M to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an email.
- Precise geolocation for location-enabled devices like a mobile phone to access the location-based services on the Platform. Precise geolocation includes data such as your device’s physical location and may include GPS-based, WiFi-based or cell-based location information.
How Does G&M Use Your Information?
G&M Oil may use your information, including your Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Send you relevant communications, promotions and offerings about our new products and Services;
- To perform age verification for certain offers;
- Assist in the re-targeting or distribution of future campaigns;
- Monitor and optimize active offer campaigns;
- Upon your request, we use your email address and phone number in order to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Facilitate an offer experience, including enforcing per-user limits;
- Deliver highly targeted or personalized offers based on past activity or attributes;
- Perform statistical analyses and internal research so that we may improve the Site and Platform or to develop and demonstrate new products and services;
- Resolve customer service and technical support issues or other inquires or disputes;
- Verifying customer information;
- Comply with legal obligations or legal process;
- Monitor for and protect against or prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity; and/or
- Protect the security and integrity of our business, brand, customers, and service providers.
We may also combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through our Services or obtain about you from our affiliates and other third parties for any of these purposes.
How Does G&M Disclose Your Information?
G&M Oil may share and disclose your information, including Personal Information, under the following circumstances:
- With third parties that provide a variety of services, including, but not limited to the development, maintenance, and support of the Services, hosting, data management, storage, payment processing, delivery of the Services, the distribution of email and mobile messages, promotions, advertising services, and market research and analysis.
- With third party service provider to assist in the administration of our loyalty program;
- G&M Oil may sell transactional data, which may include consumer loyalty identifier, with third parties for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes;
- As may be necessary to protect the rights and interests of G&M Oil, our affiliates, third party business partners and service providers, and our and their respective employees, customers, users, or any other person or entity;
- To enforce any applicable terms and conditions and/or other agreements;
- In aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form to build predictive models that use anonymized data to improve future targeted promotions and advertising;
- In the event of a corporate transaction, including a merger, acquisition, financing, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of G&M Oil’s business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset of G&M Oil. If another third party acquires G&M Oil or any of its business operations, whether through stock or asset purchase, such third party will possess the Information, including Personal Information, collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations with respect thereto as described in this Privacy Notice;
- To comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation; and/or
- In accordance with your consent.
What Choices Do I Have About My Personal Information?
G&M Oil values your privacy and strives to provide you with choices regarding the handling of all Personal Information you choose to provide to us. You may choose not to provide us with your Personal Information if you don’t agree with our practices, as set forth in our Privacy Notice.
- If you wish to correct or delete inaccuracies within your Personal Information, or to request access to any Personal Information we obtain about you, please contact us as described in the below Contact Us section.
- If you sign up for marketing communications from us and you now wish to unsubscribe, you may do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in the communication. Please also note that unsubscribing from future marketing-related messages does not prevent G&M Oil from sending you administrative messages, as applicable.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the National Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the NAI” on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
Security of Personal Data
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures that are designed to safeguard your Personal Information under our control. While G&M Oil protects your Personal Information, the confidentiality and security of any communication or material transmitted to or from the Site or Platform cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure at any time. Any transmission of your information is at your own risk. We strongly encourage all users to be careful and responsible about what you choose to provide online.
If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with G&M Oil through this Site or the Platform is no longer secure, please immediately notify us using the Contact Us section below.
Your Responsibilities for Protecting Your Data
When you create a G&M Oil account, you will create a password. It is your responsibility to personalize your password and to protect and secure it. G&M Oil is not responsible for any information compromised due to your failure to secure your account.
California Privacy Practices
If you are a California resident, please see the California Privacy Addendum for more information about our privacy practices and your rights under California law below.
The Site and Platform are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personal Information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the G&M Oil Site and/or Platform, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
G&M Oil welcomes your questions and comments about this Privacy Notice or the use of your Personal Information. Please email us at email@example.com with any questions or comments.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY ADDENDUM
At G&M Oil, we are mindful of our responsibilities under the California Consumer Privacy Act (together with its implementing regulations, “CCPA”) regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, both online and offline. This California Privacy Addendum applies only to California residents who use our Site or Platform.
How We Collect, Use, Disclose, and Sell Personal Information
1. Personal Information of California Residents Collected in the Last Twelve Months
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, and is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”). We have obtained the following categories of California Personal Information within the last twelve months:
|A. Identifiers.||Identifiers such as a real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, or other similar identifiers. G&M Oil’s third party loyalty program administrator may share transactional data, including exclusively loyalty numbers and no other Personal Information, with third parties in exchange for monetary consideration.|
|B. Information under the California Customer Records statute.||Personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80 (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, full name, phone number, email address, postal address, driver’s license or state identification card number, credit card number, debit card number, education, employment history or other information you provide us with.|
C. Protected classification
characteristics under California or federal law
|We collect your age to verify your eligibility to receive and/or redeem certain offers.|
|D. Commercial information.||Commercial information, including records of products or services you purchased, obtained, or considered from us.|
E. Internet or other similar network
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history on our Site, search history, information on your interaction with us when you choose to visit our Site, browser type, domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is not collected, analyzed, or maintained in a way that is traced back to a personal individual.|
|F. Geolocation data. Physical location or movements, collected from your use of the Platform.|
|G. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or position details for employees and job applicants.|
|H. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to enhance your online reputation and identity verification|
|I. Sensitive personal information||Precise geolocation, Social Security number, driver’s license, state identification card or a passport number.|
For each of these categories, we obtain California Personal Information from a variety of sources. These sources include: yourself, with respect to both online and offline interactions you may have with us, our service providers, the devices you use to access our websites and Platform; and others consistent with this Privacy Notice. For more information, please see the “What Personal Information does G&M Oil Collect?” section of our Privacy Notice.
2. Our Use of California Personal Information for Business Purposes in the Last Twelve Months
We use California Personal Information, identified in each of the above categories, for the purposes listed above in “How Does G&M Use Your Information?”.
3. Our Sharing of California Personal Information in the Last Twelve Months
A. Disclosure of California Personal Information
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet websites and mobile apps, within the last 12 months, we may have shared the California Personal Information listed above in Section 1, of this California Privacy Addendum, information about the use of our website and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our service providers (for the purposes described above). To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see the “How Does G&M Disclose Your Information?” section of our Privacy Notice. We may share California Personal Information with trusted providers to perform payment functions, offer collaborative workspaces, or other business functions.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we do not authorize our service providers to use Personal Information for any purposes not otherwise outlined herein.
B. Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
The CCPA does not apply to information we obtain, use, or share in connection with certain business-to- business transactions. We will, however, continue to evaluate our business-to-business activities and update our Privacy Notice consistent with California laws and regulations, where applicable.
Right to Access/Know. You may request that we disclose to you the following categories and specific pieces of Personal Information that we have collected about you in the 12-month period preceding your request:
o The categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
o The categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
o Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
o The categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information;
o The specific pieces of information we have collected about you; and
o The categories of your California Personal Information we have disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was disclosed, by category or categories of California Personal Information.
Right to Delete Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete and direct our service providers to delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
o Complete the transaction for which we collected the California Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
o Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
o Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
o Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
o Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
o Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
o Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
o Comply with a legal obligation;or
o Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Correct. A consumer shall have the right to correct inaccurate California Personal Information maintained by G&M Oil.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Your Personal Information. A consumer shall have the right, at any time, to direct a business that sells or shares California Personal Information about the consumer to third parties not to sell or share their California Personal Information. G&M Oil does not knowingly sell or share California Personal Information of consumers under the age of 16.
Right to Non-Discrimination. Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA, including, by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights. You, or someone you authorize, may request to exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 800-403-6142 ext. 1. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
Please note that we are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. If applicable, we will provide you with information on how to submit the request or remedy any deficiencies with the request. Responses to your CCPA request will be delivered in the same manner that we received it.
C. Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain Personal Information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us via the Contact section provided above.
D. Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, G&M Oil is currently unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
E. Data Retention
F. Notice of Financial Incentive
This Notice of Financial Incentives applies to the G&M Oil loyalty program (the “Program”). We reserve the right to add financial incentives to this Notice of Financial Incentives and to terminate the Program at any time at our sole discretion.
• The Program Details – Summary of the Incentives
Your account receives points on qualifying purchases at eligible locations. Points are accumulated to get rewards that may be redeemed for discounts on future purchases. You may also be granted rewards for being a member, and receive access to insider content or personalized experiences. The amount of California Personal Information that we collect from a member may vary and is dependent on the level of interactions and engagement that the member has with G&M Oil. All users must opt-in to the Program, which they may revoke at any time. You may join the Program by texting “FUEL” to 46359.
• Value of Consumer Data
In our good faith calculation, we consider the value of consumer data collected through the Program as the equivalent of relevant expenses related to the collection and retention of consumers’ Personal Information as part of the Program. The financial incentive we offer to consumers through the Program is reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data.
• Withdrawal from the Program
You have the right to withdraw from the Program at any time. Please note, withdrawing from the Program will result in the loss of earned points and unredeemed rewards. You may cancel your Program membership at any time by notifying Member Support at email@example.com or by calling us at 800-403-6142 ext. 1.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at 800-403-6142 ext. 1. To access this Privacy Notice by an alternative method, please contact us at 800-403-6142 ext. 1
This California-specific addendum was last updated: August 12, 2022.